[Webinar] Courage, Communication, and Change: Leading Corporate Change in the Age of Authenticity

February 27th, 2018 Tribe Pictures

Please register for Courage, Communication, and Change: Leading Corporate Change in the Age of Authenticity on Feb 28, 2018 12:00 PM EST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2905079433837184258 Courage, Communication, and Change: Leading Corporate Change in the Age of Authenticity 88% of change initiatives fail. What’s up with the other 12%? In this webinar, Vern Oakley (CEO, Tribe Pictures […]

Driving High Performance Culture with Vern Oakley [podcast]

February 26th, 2018 Tribe Pictures

Neil Ball interviewed Tribe CEO Vern Oakley for The Entrepreneur Way. You can listen to the podcast here. A few choice quotes: “Working hard, trying different things, learning from their experience… and 20 years later you become an overnight success.” “I was in Grand Cayman and I saw my favorite business model. There was a […]

Breakfast of Champions

February 14th, 2018 Vern Oakley

A good strategy is nothing without a good culture. Companies that maintain a culture of diminishing people, putting them down, institutionalizing sexism or harassment, or protecting abusers, are always going to go down in flames if they do not change. I don’t care how good your strategy is, if your culture isn’t right it will […]

How will you be remembered?

February 1st, 2018 Vern Oakley

The concept of resume values vs. eulogy values comes from David Brooks’ 2015 book, The Road to Character. If you’re like me, perhaps you contemplate your career in terms of “résumé values”– thinking of my client list, the award-winning corporate videos I’ve created, the experience of running a production agency for over 30 years. In […]

Mergers & Acquisitions: The Benefits of Using Video to Communicate

January 25th, 2018 Vern Oakley

Corporate M&A transactions naturally create high-stakes communication initiatives. The need to communicate rapidly and efficiently, sometimes to large employee populations spread out over the world, can be a major challenge. Video works exceptionally well for communicating in a high-stakes environment because: Video travels well. Video can occur among multiple geographies simultaneously so the same message […]

Wartime CEO vs. Peacetime CEO

January 10th, 2018 Vern Oakley

What’s the difference between a Wartime CEO and a Peacetime CEO? This is a concept that I learned from Ben Horowitz’s great book, The Hard Thing About Hard Things. It’s difficult to be in charge, we know this, but even more so when you realize that it’s the context that dictates the skills required. It’s much different to […]

4 Secrets to Making Great Films for Higher Education

January 7th, 2018 Vern Oakley

As a higher education marketer, development or admissions officer, you probably didn’t set out to follow in Steven Spielberg’s footsteps but increasingly, higher ed communicators have become filmmakers. At one time, you produced videos every few years – a signature video for admissions or a campaign launch. But videos today are an essential tool – […]

Bulletproof Entrepreneur on How to Use Video to Grow Your Business

December 22nd, 2017 Tribe Pictures

Tribe CEO Vern Oakley was recently featured on the Bulletproof entrepreneur podcast with Chi Odogwu. Transcript follows: If you’re ready to take your destiny into your own hands, you’ve come to the right place. This is the bulletproof entrepreneur, featuring interviews with the most exciting and amazing entrepreneur …. Here’s your host Chi Odogwu. Chi Odogwu: […]